L for Ladoos
I made ladoos when Obama won the presidency. I lost a bet and was never happier to lose. It took me all day (exaggerating here) but it was worth it. I got the recipe on the internet and it follows. Besan is chickpea flour.
Ingredients of besan laddoo :
2 cups gram flour (besan)
11/2 cup sugar (grinded)
1 cup ghee
1 tsp each almonds, pistachios, cashew nuts (chopped)
Preparation of besan ke ladoo:
* In a kadhai mix gram flour and ghee over a low heat.
* Keep constantly stirring to avoid lumps.
* When it releases an appetizing smell, it is ready.
(they speak so casually here – it took about 2 and a half hours to get to this point. So make this if you have a lot of time).
* Remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
* Add sugar and nuts to the gram flour and mix thoroughly.
* Now form ping-pong size balls of the mixture.
* Besan Laddoo are ready to be served.
Wonder what I would’ve served if McCain won- cowdung patties.
Until I eat again!